Web Tech Why SSD is so important?

Terrence

the king
Nov 25, 2020
usa
Hi, I never use SSD so I am completely unaware of it What makes an SSD so important?. I am building my brand new PC and wonder if I should install windows onto an SSD. Why are they important?

1611552184469.png

Merrick

medium n00b
Jan 17, 2021
London
Its faster than HDD and more responsive with a much quicker access time. Since you're building your PC you should surly go with the SSD it will gives you more improvement in term of gaming and streaming

Terrence

the king
Nov 25, 2020
usa
Its faster than HDD and more responsive with a much quicker access time. Since you're building your PC you should surly go with the SSD it will gives you more improvement in term of gaming and streaming
That's nice, ok fine i will go with the SSD and put my all games on it

Howard

pro high
Jan 16, 2021
China
There's no physically moving part on it which mean it can be much faster. Use it only for windows installation don't put game on it. I got the SSD and now my bootup time decreased from 10 second to 5

JohnyX40

Oct 19, 2020
I am using SSD on my gaming PC only for OS booting. Also, I have 2 x 3TB HDD's for my games. SSD drive offer instant-load performance, meaning faster boot times, faster application loading times, and better system responsiveness. I am very happy with it! And, nowadays the price is not too high anymore. You can have it for cheap tho :)

Wsj

medium n00b
Dec 28, 2020
USA
I am using SSD on my gaming PC only for OS booting. Also, I have 2 x 3TB HDD's for my games. SSD drive offer instant-load performance, meaning faster boot times, faster application loading times, and better system responsiveness. I am very happy with it! And, nowadays the price is not too high anymore. You can have it for cheap tho :)
That's completely right bro! I'm doing it in the same way. SSD for win10 boot, and regular HDD for the games.

Nova

the king
Nov 26, 2020
Salisbury
My strong reason for going with the SSD would be having the speed. Something like that I have not found much improvement in the HDD world over the years. But the SSD loading and also working seems to have improved and also it's lot better to work with over a period of time too.