How do you know when it is the right time to put down a pet?

CyberDog

mob
Oct 22, 2020
US
Kind of a sad topic but a friend of mine is going to be putting his dog down. He said it was time and I asked him how he knew, he said you just know. I never had to make this choice. My pets have went from natural causes. I don't know if I would be able to make a choice like this if I was in his shoes.

Agile

the king
Oct 11, 2020
UK
Sure, it is hard to put a pet down. But when living is more painful for the pet, mostly because of old age. It may be appropriate to help help the pet to get some eternal rest. And yes, it is hard even for me. I don't think i would be able to do it myself. It is a tough thing to handle.

Kris_Cooper

the king
Nov 5, 2020
Texas
Indeed , to do so is one of the most hardest thing to do. It's a decision which isn't easy to make , to euthanize a pet. When life become more painful than death for a pet , then it's better to put the pet down for making it's life less painful.

Rocky

mob
Dec 6, 2020
USA
When the life of a pet becomes more painful than death , it's better to make things easier for your pet , given that the trauma isn't small.

Adriana Rick

medium n00b
Jan 15, 2021
Sydney, Australia
I had the best dog , But by the time she was 14 years old, Veena was suffering from painful arthritis in her hips and back along with GI problems. I had to make that very personal decision of what was right for my pet. I had to either do my best to help her through an agonizing death or humanely end her suffering by putting her down.

Lion18

pro high
Sep 28, 2020
USA
If you see that your pet is suffering, then it's a time unfortunately and that is not an easy decision at all. That is the reason why I don't have a pet :(