Buying a new or used car?

Spikey

the king
Sep 11, 2020
Canada
When it comes to buying a car have you ever bought a new car? Can you afford a new car? I can definitely not afford a new car so I just buy a used car when I need a car. Here you can get a decent used car between $2,000 and $4,000.

Reactions: bomb

bomb

mob
Oct 11, 2020
USA
The car of my dreams will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars if I wait to buy it new. I wouldn't mind buying an ex-Japan or something. Provided it is at least not older than 10yrs with a decent mileage of course. Am a frugal person, i don't just buy what is on the shelf, i dig deep!

Agile

the king
Oct 11, 2020
UK
I guess it is more of a personal opinion, but if you can get a well maintained second hand car with not so much mileage on it, it is a good bet compared to a new car that can be overly and unnecessarily expensive.

bomb

mob
Oct 11, 2020
USA
I'd myself prefer too buy a used car. Buying a new one is not budget friendly at all.
This is true. It doesnt make sense actually buying a new expensive vehicle when you can get a good used one that will still serve you for long.

AntiCorona

pro high
Sep 7, 2020
I'm always for used cars first, because when you buy a brand new car, the same second you already lose let's say 10-15%, and in that way, you are losing your hard-earned money.

Matt9

medium n00b
Nov 28, 2020
USA
I'm buying used cars always because I don't wanna lose that much by the years. I paid my car $7k 3 years ago, and I saw on the CL that I can sell it for $6k. The 2013 year.

Tommy

the king
Dec 14, 2020
Flushing, NY
A friend bought a used Jeep 2008 for $3500 and Tom cruise bought the same car but a brand new one for $300,000.
Tom cruise sold his while my friend is still using is. My point here is, how can Tom just waste that kind of cash on that kind of car.

Dec 16, 2020
Manhattan
I prefer new car to used car if I can manage to buy it. But If I can't afford new car, I will prefer to go for used car. We should all spend according to our Pocket value.

John.Billings

the king
Nov 11, 2020
Texas
Well, you can save some good portion of money by buying a used car instead of a new one. Better you get the car checked by a car mechanic before buying a used one.

BluGat3r

pro high
May 1, 2021
USA
I have never owned a new car and honestly do not see the point in buying a new one. Soon as you drive a new car off the lot, it drops in value by 5 grand or more. I think it is fine to lease a new car but when it comes to buying, just find someone who took care of their car, like a single-owner car and you will have like no issues. My car is a 2014 Sonata and the previous owner bought it new. The car runs perfectly and will likely last a good 10+ years with regular maintenance and care.