Crunchyroll Games announced on Monday that they would be teaming up with developer Perfect World to make One Punch Man: World, a new multiplayer action game based on the iconic series.
What do we know about One Punch Man: World?
No information on a release date was announced outside of a general 2023 release, but the game will be available on PC and mobile devices, with cross-platform play and progression also available. Pre-registration for the game on PC is available now on the game’s official website.
Check out a trailer for One Punch Man: World below:
According to Crunchyroll Games, the game will focus on a sinister wave of monster attacks that’s left Earth and the Hero Association struggling to handle it. In the game, players will get to unlock and level up a variety of fan-favorite heroes, explore the Hero Association hub, team up with friends to go out on raids to fight against enemies.
Other features for the game include:
- Unlock and level up fan-favorite heroes from the One-Punch Man anime series, including Genos, and more.
- Enter the Hero Association hub to meet friends, take on missions, and team up for raids against destructive foes with other players.
- Dive into intricate combat and execute perfectly timed dodges, skill combos, and spectacular ultimates, including all-new abilities for beloved characters.
- Fight your way through iconic moments from the One-Punch Man’s first season punch for punch.
- Discover expanded moments from the anime or experience scenarios from an all-new point of view.
- Explore Z-City and participate in side activities and mini-games, while climbing your way to the top of the in-game rankings.
“The most ambitious Crunchyroll Games title to date, One Punch Man: World is an immersive online action game that transports players into the universe of One-Punch Man,” said Terry Li, General Manager of Crunchyroll Games and Senior Vice President of Emerging Business, Crunchyroll. “The game, developed by Perfect World, brings iconic characters and abilities to life with premiere production values that we are excited to unleash on anime fans and gamers.”