Riot has released another League of Legends dev update featuring senior dev leads Jeremy “Brightmoon” Lee, Andrei “Meddler” van Roon, and Ryan “Reav3” Mireles. The video goes over Riot’s current plans for various systems in the game, as well as content updates. The newly revealed bits of info include a Jax visual update announcement and a sneak peek at the new game mode.
You can watch the full dev update video below:
Here’s a consolidated version of everything mentioned in the video:
- Midseason Ranked Reset – Player ranks will be partially reset this July, bringing various game changes to the game. (More info here)
- Itemization Overhaul – The midseason update will include changes to various items, and the results of those changes will affect how Riot rebalances items again in the next Preseason. (More info here)
- Ivern Midscope Update and Buff Sharing – Both the Ivern midscope update and the Red and Blue Buff sharing mechanic will hit live servers at around midseason.
- Player and AI Bot Updates – Player bot accounts have been mass banned, and Riot plans to improve the AI bots for new and veteran players alike. (More info here)
- Emote Wheel Expansion – The emote wheel will be getting 9 slots instead of 5 with other improvements to the system.
- Voice Line Fixes – Around 4,500 voice lines that previously did not work as intended will be fixed over time, with a third already completed.
- New Champion Roadmap – Further hints surrounding upcoming Darkin assassin champion Naafiri and teases for other upcoming champions have been released. (More info here)
- Jax Visual Update – Jax will be receiving a visual update to bring him to modern standards. The Skarner rework has been pushed back to early 2024.
- 2v2v2v2 Mode Teaser – New concept art for the upcoming 2v2v2v2 mode has been released, featuring a new map. The event will go live during a major summertime event.
- MSI Reminder – The devs remind players that the Mid-Season Invitational is coming soon, with the event starting this May 2.
With Riot announcing various changes and updates to the game, players will have much to look forward to in 2023 and beyond.