Battlefield 2042 will receive its 4.0.1 update next week, which will bring changes aimed at resolving quality-of-life issues and balancing following the launch of Season 4: Eleventh Hour. It’s also one of the reasons we resonated with good grades about the game recently. This article will discuss the upcoming changes and what players can expect in the latest update.
With the installation of the update, AI soldiers will correctly spawn during the Prologue stages of Battlefield 2042, following an issue that caused them to be too busy reading the instruction manuals. The audio will also be adjusted to resolve an issue where voice lines remained scrambled after exiting the vicinity of an enemy X6-Infiltration Device. Additionally, an audio pass will be done on the X6-Infiltration Device to address audio-overload where players place multiple devices in a small area.
Several gadget are underlying changes, including M18 Claymore and Tracer Dart fixes. The Repair Tool will replenish lesser hp, as it has been reduced by 15%, and the Tracer Dart will last for 16 seconds, up from 12 seconds. Players can also expect to see fixes for gadget targeting issues, including Designated UI Indicator and Tracer Dart not designating moving targets.
Specialists are also getting updates, with Crawford’s Critical Repair Trait being reduced from 100% bonus repair amount to 40%. Irish’s APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel will no longer intercept C5, and Lis’ G-84 TGM missiles will correctly detonate when impacting Dozer’s Ballistic Shield.
Weapon balancing changes include adjustments to the AC9, RPT-31, M39 EMR, and SVD. The AC9 will require more bullets for a kill with Medium Ammo between a distance of 50-75 meters, leading to more shots needed for a kill with Subsonic ammo for distances beyond 40 meters by 1. The RPT-31 will require fewer shots for a kill with Heavy Ammo under a 30m distance from 5 to 4. The Headshot Multiplier for the M39 EMR and SVD has been reduced from 2x to 1.6x.
Battlefield 4.0.1 Patch Notes
- AI Soldiers should now correctly spawn during the Prologue stages of Battlefield 2042. They were too busy reading the instruction manuals we gave them, and we’ve kicked them out and told them to get to work.
- Resolved an issue that resulted in Voice Lines remaining scrambled after exiting the vicinity of an enemy X6-Infiltration Device.
- We’ve done an audio pass on the X6-Infiltration Device, specifically aimed at addressing audio-overload where players place multiple devices in a small area.
- Reduced the rate at which the X6-Infiltration Device registers audio pings upon entering and exiting an area.
- Added more nuance to the noise emitted from the X6-Infiltration Device, resulting in it no longer producing a continuous static noise.
- Resolved an issue that resulted in an oversized crosshair while placing the M18 Claymore.
- M18 Claymore sensors should no longer trigger through walls.
- Reduced the amount of healing per second the Repair Tool replenishes by 15%
- The Tracer Dart will now last 16 seconds up from 12 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where the Designated UI Indicator would appear under the world when hitting some gadgets with the Tracer Dart
- Fixed an issue where drivers in vehicles would sometimes not get a warning in the HUD about incoming missiles if they were designated by a Tracer Dart
- Fixed an issue where the Tracer Dart would sometimes fail to designate moving targets
- Resolved an issue that resulted in SOFLAM targets on neutral vehicles being shared across both teams.
- It should now be possible to place the Insertion Beacon within Smoke.
- Fixed an issue that caused Blasco to be hidden from the minimap when firing unsuppressed weapons. You’re stealthy, but not that stealthy!
- Updated Blasco’s Tutorial Video within the Collections Screen.
- It should now be possible to place the X6-Infiltration Device within Smoke.
- Reduced the effectiveness of Crawford’s Critical Repair Trait from 100% bonus repair amount to 40%.
- Irish’s APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel should no longer intercept C5.
- Lis’ G-84 TGM missiles will now correctly detonate when impacting Dozer’s Ballistic Shield.
- Resolved a Field of View issue for Rao’s “Volatile” cosmetic.
- Lowered the soldier health regen delay from 7.5s to 6.5s.
- Increased the soldier health regen from 5hp/s to 7.5hp/s.
- Increased the health regen rate post-revive from 5hp/s to 7.5hp/s to match the new regen values of 2042.
- Removed the remaining Aim Down Sight deploy adjustments for the Extended Magazines.
- Increased the amount of bullets required for a kill with Medium Ammo between a distance of 50-75m from 6 to 7.
- Increased the amount of bullets required for a kill with Subsonic ammo for distances beyond 40m by 1.
- Reduced the amount of bullets required for a kill with Heavy Ammo under a 30m distance from 5 to 4.
- Reduced the Headshot Multiplier from 2x to 1.6x
- Reduced the Headshot Multiplier from 2x to 1.6x
- Resolved an issue with the CAV-Brawler not correctly spawning in with the “Tier 1” and “Water Wheel” Vehicle Cosmetics